Phil A. Johnson was born and raised in Lubbock, Texas. He attended Texas A&M University and graduated in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Minor in Business. He returned to Lubbock and worked in the Lubbock Police Department from 1996-2013. During his time with the Police Department, Phil was an academy instructor, undercover narcotics officer, Fatality Accident Investigator, Internal Affairs supervisor, and left the Department as a Sergeant.
While as a police officer, Phil was certified as an expert witness in the District Courts of Lubbock, Texas, in both Narcotics and Accident Investigation. During his tenure with the Lubbock Police Department, he attended the Texas Tech School of Law from 2005-2008 where he received multiple academic awards and was inducted into the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society. He graduated from Texas Tech Law School in May 2008, in the top third of the class, and received his law license in November 2008.
Phil’s practice areas include: Business and Commercial Litigation, Criminal Law, Family Law, Wills and Probate, and other areas of civil litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Texas Tech School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- J.D. – May 2008
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.S. – 1995
- Major – Psychology, Minor- Business
- CALI Award – Torts, Texas Tech School of Law, Fall 2005
- American Jurisprudence Award – Contracts, Texas Tech School of Law, Fall 2005
- American Jurisprudence Award – Employment Law, Texas Tech School of Law, Spring 2008
- Dean’s List, Texas A&M University
- Eagle Scout, 1991
Memberships and Associations
- Lubbock Area Bar Association (Officer and Director 2014-2020)
- Lubbock Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- South Plains Trial Lawyers Association (Officer and Director 2014-2018)
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association